Rasterex Software, a global leader within document viewing and collaboration, today released version R14.0 of their popular desktop viewers for Windows.
Version R14 is a major upgrade with support for AutoCAD 2013 and over 50 new features, enhancements and bug fixes.
“Existing customers have already received the AutoCAD 2013 reader several months ago, as a patch under their maintenance agreement” says Per Christian Lindstad, the CEO of Rasterex Software as. “There has also been around 50 new features, enhancements and fixes accumulated since version R13 came out in November 2011. Together with the support for AutoCAD 2013, the R14.0 release accumulates the 50 improvements into a general upgrade, made available as both 32 bit and 64 bit options”.
RxView allows users to view & print more than 250 different file formats – without the design software installed on the machine. CAD drawings, 3D CAD models, plot-files, PDFs, Office documents, raster images and scanned drawings.
RxHighlight is the same software installation as RxView, but through the license file, it opens up for advanced functions like redlining, markup, conversion, batch processes and text search & extraction, for collaboration between team members.
New in version 14.0:
Updated format support:
- AutoCAD 2013
New features and enhancements:
- Measurement settings now applied to zoom 1:1
- Unit lable default set to “m” instead of “meter”
- Shift between DWG and DXF in AutoCAD conversion dialog doesn’t change extention
- Folder button in AutoCAD batch conversion dialog fixed according to spec
- “include markup” made translatable, with more space added.
- Added more space in stamp dialog, in symbol setup dialog and in compare dialog.
- Autoload pentable now affects all layouts
- Fixed markup layer problem #4593.
- Compare is now default setting in the Overlay/Compare feature
- Double list and zoom scaling is removed from ACAD settings
- Added barcode insert dialog
- Added QR insert dialog
- Added support for new RxZIP module (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Black blending color included in converting compare to 8 bit color raster also
- Added properties to control monochrome print of markup
- “Parallel redlining functionality” fixed
- 10 customer specific enhancements and fixes
- 2 fixes in the DWG reader
- 2 fixes in the DWF reader
- 1 fix in the Excel reader
- 2 fixes in the HPGL reader
- 1 fix in the MicroStatio reader
- 7 fixes in the PDF reader
- 5 fixes in the format export writers
64-bit and 32-bit options:
- RxView and RxHighlight R14.0 is available in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
Customers under SSA contract have already received the new version. New users can download and try the software for free on Rasterex download page.