Rasterex Software, a global leader within document viewing and collaboration, today released version R13.0 of their popular desktop viewers for Windows.
Version R13 is a true 64-bit version. The whole viewing engine and all the file format readers are now ported into 64-bit.
“As more and more companies want to work in a true 64-bit environment, there is an increasing demand for their universal viewer to be a 64-bit application” says Per Christian Lindstad, the CEO of Rasterex Software as. This demand could not be met until a majority of the underlying file formats were available in 64-bit versions. Now, at the end of the autumn 2011, there are only 3-4 of the several hundred file formats that are still not ported into 64-bit. So the time has come to provide our new and existing customer with a 64-bit version of the viewer.
The version is also a major update, providing new feature and enhancements to the software, as well as over 60 general bug fixes.
RxView allows users to view & print more than 250 different file formats – without the design software installed on the machine. CAD drawings, 3D CAD models, plot-files, PDFs, Office documents, raster images and scanned drawings.
RxHighlight is the same software installation as RxView, but through the license file, it opens up for advanced functions like redlining, markup, conversion, batch processes and text search & extraction, for collaboration between team members.
New in version 13.0:
64-bit and 32-bit options:
RxView and RxHighlight R13.0 is available in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
(Formats supported in 32-bit only: MS Visio and Solid Edge)
Updated format support:
- AutoCAD: 2012
- PDF: Adobe Acrobat X (10.0)
Updated 3D formats (licensed separately as optional):
- AutoCAD 3D: 2012
- Inventor: 2012
- SolidWorks: 2012
- Solid Edge: ST3 (32-bit only)
- CATIA V4: R24
- CATIA V5: R21
- PRO/E – Creo Elements: V5
- Unigraphics: NX7.5
- JT: 9.3
New features and enhancements:
- All components are compiled using Visual Studio 2010
- A selection of markup elements can be exported to an XML or XCM file
- Custom data added for makup text elements
- XML-based markup files can optionally be exported with RxM-extention
- Full user name supported in markup stamps
- Added new save format RxP and RxCP, a compressed version of RxC-format
- New conversion to RxP (compressed Rasterex Content Format): now available in the untilities menu, new settings in option dialog
- Header/footer margins set to minimum printer margins, 0 no longer allowed
- Transparent text and images in watermark dialog
- The “Settings” ribbon is renamed to “Tools” and batch routines are put under this ribbon
- Improvements in memory handling
- Batch conversion from PDF to vector formats now possible
- Batch conversion from HPGL to PDF vector fixed and now uses “keep vector drawing colors”
- 60 General bug fixes for AutoCAD DWG, Windows Bitmap, RxC, MicroStation DGN v7, MicroStation DGN v8, DWF 6, DWF 7, Excel, Word, HPGL, JPEG, JPEG2000, ME10/CoCreate, PDF, PDF writer.
Customers under SSA contract have already received the new version. New users can download and try the software for free on Rasterex download page.