Rasterex Software, a global leader within document viewing and collaboration, today released version R15.0 of their popular desktop viewers for Windows.
Version R15 is basically an upgrade of the AutoCAD reader to support version 2014. It also continues the strong emphasis on the quality of the PDF reader, acknowledging the importance of this as an industry standard for document distribution and collaboration. The Solid Edge reader is the last of our 3D formats to be ported to 64-bit support. We have also included a number of generic bug fixes into version 15.
RxView allows users to view & print more than 250 different file formats – without the design software installed on the machine. CAD drawings, 3D CAD models, plot-files, PDFs, Office documents, raster images and scanned drawings.
RxHighlight is the same software installation as RxView, but through the license file, it opens up for advanced functions like redlining, markup, conversion, batch processes and text search & extraction, for collaboration between team members.
New in version 15.0:
Updated format support:
- AutoCAD 2014
- Solid Edge 64-bit
- Running under Windows 8.0 and 8.1
Fixes and improvements:
- Added new markup file type (file.ext.xcm) to configuration
- Fixed an error editing “override text” for measurement – far east characters lost (became ??? due to OLE2A)
- RxLinkCOM: fix for a problem that caused a crash when opening a specific PDF file
- RimEngine: Rotating a PDF file caused an image to turn black. Fixed
- RxConvertCOM: Fiexed an issue related to the WebPublishing function
- RxRedlines: Orientation of chinese characters in markup corrected
- RxRedlines: New clipping functionality that speeds up redraw significantly when drawing is zoomed in and contains a lot of marku
- RxRedlines: Fixed line style that was lost when polyline markup element was copied to a new element.
- HPGL reader: Content of a non-standard file was not displayed. Fixed
- ME10: Ha hatch polygon bounday problem fixed
- PDF: A DF file caused image to turn black when rotated. Also black images on print.
- PDF: Improved display of details for a specific file.
- PDF: A file demonstrated that two images that should have a transparent background color was displayed with black background color.
- PDF: Improved display fo details for a specific file
Customers under SSA contract have already received the new version. New users can download and try the software for free on Rasterex download page