The first server-based viewer with thin ActiveX clients on the market. The ultimate solution for viewing over web!
RxViewServer is a server-based solution for fast sharing of documents and drawings over the web – with no software installed on the client machines!
RxViewServer allows users to view, print, markup and collaborate on more than 250 different file formats (CAD drawings, plot-files, PDF files, Office documents, raster images etc.) directly within their browser – via intranet, extranet, internet, web portals or content management systems. RxViewServer supports IFC file format.
RxViewServer or RxViewServer PRO?
RxViewServer is the basic version, providing viewing, printing and measurement features.
RxViewServer PRO is the exact same installation as RxViewServer, but gives the users access to a set of advanced tools for markup, collaboration, file conversion and batch processes.
The installation is common for RxViewServer & RxViewServer PRO, and it is the license file that controls whether you have access to the PRO options or not.
RxViewServer is a true client/server-solution for web:
With RxViewServer installed on the Web server, all enterprise content information is accessible for authorized team members – both inside and outside the organization.
The first time a user wants to view a file, a small ActiveX component is downloaded automatically in the background. This ActiveX component runs in the browser, and communicates with the server, handles security settings and controls the local user operations. Not only can the user zoom, pan, rotate, calibrate and print, but he can comment with redlining and markup, perform text search and extraction, insert links to other documents etc. for collaboration with other team members.
Whenever a user requests a file view, RxViewServer converts a copy of the original file to a compressed and encrypted “Rasterex Content Format” (RxC), and streams the file over to the client’s browser, for instant viewing and annotation. The RxC-file is automatically cached on the server for future sessions. Although the original file is left untouched on the server, the RxC-format carries all the native information to the client; like layers, block info, attributes, Xrefs, hyperlinks, pen tables, text info etc.
Features & Benefits:
- A full featured viewer, not a stripped down version of the desktop solution
- The RxC format transfers the native file information, not an insufficient raster representation
- No software installations and no environment like “Java Virtual Machine” etc. needed on the client machine. All you need is Internet Explorer!
- The activeX control is made available as a downloadable CAB-file of less than 1 MB, which makes it extremely fast to download!
- The activeX control receives all the file information needed to perform the local operations, independently of the server. The server can instantly start working with new file requests. A true transaction based system for maximum performance!
- Advanced streaming technology starts displaying data instantly, while the data is being rendered in the background. The user can immediately start working on the data, interrupt the process or start requesting a new file.
- The RxC file is a strongly compressed file (5-20% the size of the original file), increasing speed and performance without loosing native information
- The compressed RxC file is cached on the server, for subsequent faster viewing
- Extremely powerful printing facilities – supporting all printers & plotters as well as all formats supported by MS Windows – including high resolution and large format printing – with advanced features like scaled print, poster print, print preview, print portion, watermark, header/footer and pen table support.
- Installation, Maintenance and Upgrades are performed on the server, automatically updating the clients’ ActiveX controls. Saving time and money!
- The RxC format renders a copy of the file for visualization purposes, and all annotations and markups are store in separate transparent layers. The original file is always left securely untouched on the server.
- RxViewServer uses standard http(s) port, no new ports to be opened
- RxViewServer uses the underlying intranet or content management system’s security protocols, user control and security settings
- The most cost effective licensing system on the market, available both as counted network licenses, and as floating ‘concurrent user’ licenses. By letting an unlimited number of users share a limited number of floating licenses, the company can make huge savings in license and maintenance expenses
- The license file can easily be extended to a higher number of users just by changing a simple code string
- The licenses can be made floating between Basic and PRO version (with or without markup), increasing the cost effectiveness even further
- RxViewServer is delivered with a standard set of 2D file formats, but does also support the complete range of 3D CAD formats, within the same basic application.
- The 3D CAD formats are subject to separate pricing and licensing. Please ask for specifications.
Want to try our RxViewServer demo?
- Please contact sales at Rasterex or the distributor in your area, and get a free evaluation license.
Do you consider buying RxViewServer?
- Please contact sales at Rasterex or the distributor in your area, and get a price quote for the appropriate solution.